FLAGSHIP EVENT CHOICES - FRIDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2016
(Please choose one)
FIRESIDE CHAT: LOLA NINONUEVO, MANAGING DIRECTOR, HSBC
Lola will share her career journey, followed by the opportunity to ask questions and discuss workplace hurdles, tips and successes at HSBC during this intimate session.
The Finance and City Panel Discussion
- The session will start with a panel discussion, where there will be the opportunity to ask questions of the experts.
- Learn how to navigate your way around and make an impact in big companies.
- Discover the unique challenges involved in working for a large organisation and learn how you can overcome them.
The Female Leadership Challenge: Striking the Balance of Authenticity, Resilience and Presence
This session will focus in on resilience but will also make reference to Authenticity and Presence. Facilitated by Linda Torbet.
- Understand what is resilience and why is it important in all aspects of our lives.
- Identify your personal resilience enablers and gremlins.
- Discover practical coping strategies and applications that you can use everyday.
- Presence – The Superwoman Power Pose.
- Personal Resilience Plan – So where do you go from here?
FIRESIDE CHAT: LEADERSHIP TIPS FROM A SENIOR LEADER FROM THE ARMED FORCES
A senior female officer in the Army will give their story, give tips on their personal hurdles and how they overcame them, followed by a chance for delegates to ask questions.
FIRESIDE CHAT: YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
The session will start with a 5 minute exercise to show how current work life tasks align with personal priorities, followed by a debate and some great tips on how to manage career and family.
This session will look at:
- Understand the core principles of effective personal negotiations.
- Develop a clear strategy for negotiating at work around areas, which directly impact you or your effectiveness.
- How to deal with differing opinions, handle difficult people and deal with conflicts.
- Identify areas that are critical to your success where you will be able to demonstrate these principles.
Sponsorship and Networking
- Learn how to enhance your career and effectiveness through better networking.
- The difference between sponsors and mentors and the power of networking through sponsors.
- Understand office politics, power and influence. Learn ways to operate effectively in such environments.
- Adapt your mind-set to be a successful networker.
- Develop personal strategies for making that first impact or lasting impact.
- Better understand your personal brand and your own perceptions about yourself and how that can drive your approach in getting things done.
- Expand core skills to maximise personal impact when working in teams and one to one.
Play to your strengths: A Personal SWOT Analysis
- A personal SWOT analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from a career and personal development perspective.
- Know when to take calculated risks and how to play to your strengths.
- Develop insight on how greater self-awareness self-belief and confidence can help you feel more grounded.
- Establish an approach for communicating with gravitas to different audiences.
- Know how to apply business terminologies such as cost-benefit analysis, return on investment and output potential towards making compelling personal development pitches.
- Know what it means to strike a balance between risk and reward and demonstrate how pros and cons have been evaluated when making a business case.