O4W LEEDS: Development choices
Workshops and opt-in sessions
Choose a selection of two workshops from the following sessions
Workshop 1 / opt-in session
12.00-13.00 (60 mins)
> Workshop: Business Savvy
> Workshop: Play to your strengths: Personal SWOT
Workshop 2 / opt-in session
14.00-15:00 (60 mins)
> Workshop: Sponsorship & Networking
> Workshop: Perceptions Matter
Workshop 3 / opt-in session
15.00-16:00 (60 mins)
> Workshop: Negotiating situations by
> Fireside Chat: HSBC Leeds by Tracy Garrad
- Establish an approach for communicating with gravitas to different audiences.
- Know how to apply business terminologies such as cost-benefit analysis, return on investment and output potential towards making compelling personal development pitches.
- Know what it means to strike a balance between risk and reward and demonstrate how pros and cons have been evaluated when making a business case.
Play to your strengths: A Personal SWOT Analysis
- Complete a personal SWOT analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from a career and personal development perspective.
- Know when to take calculated risks and how to play to your strengths.
- Develop insight on how greater self-awareness self-belief and confidence can help you feel more grounded.
Sponsorship and Networking
- Learn how to enhance your career and effectiveness through better networking.
- The difference between sponsors and mentors and the power of networking through sponsors.
- Understand office politics, power and influence. Learn ways to operate effectively in such environments.
- Adapt your mind-set to be a successful networker.
- Develop personal strategies for making that first impact or lasting impact.
- Better understand your personal brand and your own perceptions about yourself and how that can drive your approach in getting things done.
- Expand core skills to maximise personal impact when working in teams and one to one.
- Understand the core principles of effective personal negotiations.
- Develop a clear strategy for negotiating at work around areas, which directly impact you or your effectiveness.
- How to deal with differing opinions, handle difficult people and deal with conflicts.
- Identify areas that are critical to your success where you will be able to demonstrate these principles.